Recipe—Overnight Chia Oats
Recipe serves 2.
A creamy, dairy-free breakfast that can be quickly prepared the night before – perfect for summer mornings when you’re in a rush to get out the door!
6 tbsp organic rolled oats (GF oats if you are a coeliac)
4 tsp chia seeds
8 tbsp coconut or almond milk
4 tbsp (heaped) coconut yoghurt
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 organic apple, grated
- Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add coconut or almond milk and coconut yoghurt and stir well to combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Mix in the grated apple and vanilla extract and divide mixture into two glass jars or containers.
- Store in the fridge overnight or for at least 2 hours.
- Serve as is or top with muesli, granola, mixed berries or nuts and seeds for extra protein.
Image Credit — Photo by Alisha Hieb